9 Fun Things To Do in Chester For Adults
The Roman city of Chester is well-loved for its city walls and thousand-year-old cathedral. But Chester also has lots of other fun activities for adults to enjoy. Here are some of our favourites:
Experience the thrill of racing hovercraft at Hover Force.
With eight hovercraft circuits over land and water, there's plenty to challenge even the most capable pilots.
With five exciting rooms to choose from, you're spoiled for choice at Escapism Chester.
- "Taken" in which you've been taken hostage and need to break out before your kidnappers return.
- "The Missing" - you have to investigate a forest where people have been disappearing never to be seen again.
- "Radioactive" where you must escape an underground bunker at a nuclear plant before the self-destruct countdown reaches 0.
Pursuits at Carden
Set in 1,000 acres of countryside, Pursuits at Carden offers a great range of outdoor activities.
You can also book other exciting activities including Segways, Archery, Rifle Shooting, Laser Clays and more.
Chester Brewhouse & Kitchen
At Chester Brewhouse & Kitchen you can spend a day learning to brew award-winning craft beers on a Brewery Experience Day.
North Wales Shooting School
Want to try your hand at the exciting sport of clay shooting?
Lessons are 1:1 or can be shared with a friend, and the hire of a suitable shotgun, cartridges, clays and safety equipment is included.
North Wales Shooting School also offer group shooting experiences, ideal for a stag or hen do, corporate event or just a group of family or friends.
Giraffe Experience at Chester Zoo
For an amazing experience you'll never forget, why not book a Giraffe Experience at Chester Zoo?
Tattenhall Marina Day Boat Hire
Have you ever fancied cruising along on a canal boat, taking in the scenery and seeing the countryside from a new perspective?
Hiring a narrowboat is a great activity to do with friends - there's plenty of time to chat, as well as the fun of driving the boat.
There's ample seating inside and out, and the boat has large windows so you'll have a great time even if the weather doesn't cooperate.
If you love taking on the challenge of an escape room, then you'll want to check out Breakout Chester which has no less than 9 themed rooms to choose from!
- "Wanted" sees you take on the role of Wild West outlaw
- "Forgotten Tomb" has you exploring in the Egyptian Desert
- "Excalibur" transports you to ancient Camelot
- "Forsaken" immerses you in the supernatural
- "Cursed Carnival" sees you win a prize at the local carnival, and live to regret it!
- "Dark Magic" tests your wizarding skills
- "Vacancy" checks you into a hotel with a difference - can you ever check out?
- "Dead End" challenges you to survive the zombie apocalypse
- "Identify" gives you a chance to bring a killer to justice or to become the next victim!
All rooms are designed for 2-5 players.
Moonlight Flicks Open Air Cinema
For something a bit more special than a normal cinema, why not check out Moonlight Flicks Open Air Cinema?
For best sound quality all screenings use personal headphones which are provided, or you can take your own to plug in.
As well as the movie, Midnight Flicks offer pizza fresh from their wood-fired pizza ovens, and a bar with craft beers, gin slushies, frozen cocktails and more. And if the weather turns chilly you can have coffee, tea or hot chocolate instead.
As you can see, Chester has plenty of fun things for adults to do beyond the usual tourist attractions. Whatever you choose, we hope you have a great time in the city.