Sandringham House, Museum & Gardens
Sandringham House is the country retreat of HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, built by King Edward VII and passed down as a private home through four generations of monarchs.
- Family portraits
- Jade and crystal
- Silver and silver gilt
- Bronze and marble sculptures
- Guns and oriental armour
- Personal mementoes
Fascinating Museum in the old coach and stable block with diverse and unique displays of Royal life and estate history.
- Vintage Royal motor vehicles
- Sandringham's own Fire Brigade
- Queen Mary's Carving School
- 100 years of photographs
- Unique Minton porcelain collection
- Carriages and coaches from the mews at Windsor
Sixty acres (24 ha) of glorious grounds (free shuttle for those less able to walk).
- Rare and historic trees
- King George VI's North Garden by Sir Geoffrey Jellicoe
- Queen Alexandra's Nest and rockery waterfall
- Two attractive lakes
- Stream walk
- Woodland walk
- Rhododendrons, azaleas, camellias, magnolias, fuchsias and hydrangeas in season.
Visitor Centre & Country Park
- Air-conditioned Cafe
- Coffee Shop
- Gift shops
- 600 acres of woodland and heath walks
- Free car and coach parking
- There is wheelchair access throughout - helpers are admitted free. A small number of wheelchairs are available on loan on a 'first come, first served' basis.
Average time of visit: allow 3-4 hours.
Share this article
The postcode for SatNav PE35 6AB
Sandringham House, Museum & Gardens Postcode for SatNav: PE35 6EN