AboutBritain.com Logo

Lilleshall Abbey

Lilleshall Abbey was dissolved in 1538, yet today its extensive and peaceful ruins are an evocative reminder of the lives of its Augustinian canons. The main features of the ruins are the 12th and 13th century church and cloister buildings which are surrounded by lawns and ancient yew trees.

General Information:

  • Limited disabled access
  • Dogs allowed on leads

  • Share this article


    Car: on unclassified road off A518, 4 miles north of Oakengates.
    Train: Oakengates Station 4½ miles.

    Lilleshall Abbey Postcode for SatNav: TF10 9HW


    +44 (0)1216 256 820

    Copyright © 1999-2024 Excelsior Information Systems Ltd. All rights reserved.
    About Us  Press Room  Terms of Use  Privacy  Link to Us  Index  Site Map  Contact Us

    Made with Responsive Grid System by Graham Miller