Castle Douglas Art Gallery first opened in 1938 having been gifted to the town by Mrs Ethel Bristowe, a talented artist in her own right. The gallery was upgraded in 1996 with lottery funding from the Scottish Arts Council, and now forms an excellent venue for an annual programme of temporary exhibitions running from Easter to Christmas. The programme covers both group and one-man shows which range from fine art and craft to photography.
Touring exhibitions are also displayed regularly.Details of the exhibition programme are available from The Stewartry Museum
, Kirkcudbright on +44 (0)1557 331 643.
Share this article