AboutBritain.com Logo

Anglesey Abbey, Gardens and Lode Mill

Quy Road

Anglesey Abbey was originally an Augustinian priory dating from the 12th century. What you see today was created by the first Lord Fairhaven from 1926 onwards.

The house has been described as having "something of a great Long Island interior" and contains a marvellous array of fine art, paintings, sculpture, silver, furniture and one of the National Trust's largest collections of clocks.

There is all-year-round floral interest in the garden with the Winter Walk, extensive snowdrop collection in January and February, hyacinth displays in the spring, herbaceous borders and dahlia gardens in the summer and magnificent autumn foliage.

The 18th century watermill has milling days on the first and third Saturday of each month - subject to water levels.

General Information:

  • Restaurant and tea rooms
  • Shop and plant centre
  • Toilets with facilities for disabled
  • Wheelchair/electric runaround available
  • No dogs except guide dogs
  • Suitable for schools
  • Lode Mill - working water mill in the grounds.

Share this article

More Pictures


6 ml NE of Cambridge on B1102. Signposted from A14.

Anglesey Abbey, Gardens and Lode Mill Postcode for SatNav: CB5 9EJ


+44 (0)1223 810 080

Copyright © 1999-2024 Excelsior Information Systems Ltd. All rights reserved.
About Us  Press Room  Terms of Use  Privacy  Link to Us  Index  Site Map  Contact Us

Made with Responsive Grid System by Graham Miller