Things to do in Balfron, Stirling
Balfron is a village in SW Stirling Council Area, situated on the A875 road, 18 miles (29 km) west of Stirling and 16 miles (26 km) north of Glasgow.
A key rural settlement in a dormitory area, it has shops, a health centre and a secondary school (Balfron High School).
The old clachan of Balfron developed into a textile weaving village in the late 18th Century.
Buildings of note include the Old Manse (1789), Parish Church (1832), Clachan House (1766) and Ballindalloch.
The architect Alexander (Greek) Thomson was a native of Balfron.
Description by William Douglas