Stonor

Stonor Park
Henley-on-Thames
Oxfordshire
RG9 6HF

Stonor has been the home of Lord and Lady Camoys and the Stonor family for over eight hundred years. It is set the beautiful Chiltern Hills with commanding views of the surrounding deer park.

The house is of considerable architectural interest - built from c.1190 and constructed over many centuries. It is a family home containing many items of rare furniture, paintings, drawings, tapestries and sculptures from Britain, Europe and America. The house is built on the site of a prehistoric stone circle.

The medieval Catholic Chapel was used continuously throughout the years of Catholic repression. It was a sanctuary for St Edmund Campion in 1581, and an exhibition features his life and work. Mass is celebrated in the Chapel every Sunday throughout the year.

The house is surrounded by beautiful hillside gardens containing splendid displays of daffodils, narcissi, irises and roses.



Directions


Stonor Postcode for SatNav: RG9 6HF

Contact

 
Tel:
+44 (0)1491 638 587
Email:
Web:


Copyright © 1999-2014 Excelsior Information Systems Ltd. All rights reserved.
About Us  Press Room  Terms of Use  Privacy  Link to Us  Index  Site Map  Contact Us





Nearby Attractions


Nearby Towns



Also near Stonor


Bed and Breakfast:
 
 6 Miles
 
 9 Miles
 
 10 Miles
 
Self Catering:
 
 5 Miles
 
 6 Miles
 
 10 Miles
 
Campsites:
 
 6 Miles
 
 16 Miles
 
 22 Miles