West Wycombe Park



The house is one of the most theatrical and Italianate mid-18th-century buildings in England with facades designed as classical temples. The interior has Palmyrene painted ceilings and decoration, and pictures, furniture and sculpture all dating from the time of the 2nd baronet, Sir Francis Dashwood, founder of the Dilettanti Society. He also created the perfectly preserved rococo landscape garden set in the beautiful Chilterns countryside. This property is owned by The National Trust.

West Wycombe village also belongs to the National Trust but West Wycombe Caves and adjacent café are privately owned.

General Information:

  • Tours of house on weekdays

  • Braille guide

  • Dogs on leads in car park only

  • Disabled visitors: designated parking, manual wheelchair (booking essential), open areas of house accessible




  • Directions

    2 miles West of High Wycombe -House at west end of West Wycombe village on the south side of A40.

    West Wycombe Park Postcode for SatNav: HP14 3AJ

    Contact

     
    Tel:
    +44 (0)1494 513 569
    +44 (0)1494 755 571 (infoline)
    Email:
    Web:


    Copyright © 1999-2014 Excelsior Information Systems Ltd. All rights reserved.
    About Us  Press Room  Terms of Use  Privacy  Link to Us  Index  Site Map  Contact Us






    Nearby Attractions


    Nearby Towns



    Also near West Wycombe Park


    Bed and Breakfast:
     
     4 Miles
     
     6 Miles
     
     8 Miles
     
    Self Catering:
     
     8 Miles
     
     9 Miles
     
     10 Miles
     
    Campsites:
     
     6 Miles
     
     20 Miles
     
     21 Miles